We collect information about you (our member) that directly identifies you. This includes your name, address, email, and phone numbers. We receive this information from you when you apply for membership or when you edit your member profile. We do not collect personal information about you from any outside source. We do not sell, loan, give away, or otherwise let anybody outside of the club see your personal information.
We use your contact information to send you our Newsletter, reminders about membership renewal, and other announcements. Your name, phone numbers, and email address will be made available to all members of the club and you will have access to the same data for other members. If you are involved in a crash on a ride, we will confirm to our insurer that you are a member. When you use our online payment system, your credit card information is submitted directly to the payment processor without being read or stored on our system.
We also collect information about your activities in the club. For example, we record when you participate in a club ride, lead a club ride, or volunteer to support our annual century or another event. This information is used for our insurance purposes, and in some cases to reward your efforts with club merchandise.Deleting Your Personal Data
Members can edit or delete any of their personal data on the Membership Details page. (login required). Note that if you delete your email address you will no longer be able to log in. Members and former members can also request deletion of their personal data by contacting .Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk Agreement, Parental Consent Agreement with Indemnity, and Other Agreements
This is a Release. When you agree to it, you forever give up certain rights to sue the persons and entities referred to in this Release. READ IT CAREFULLY.
"Grizzly Peak Cyclists", "GPC" and "the club" refer to Grizzly Peak Cyclists, Inc., a California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation, or its successor organization in the event that it should reorganize, merge, or change its name.
In return for being allowed to participate in any activity by Grizzly Peak Cyclists, Inc.:
- I acknowledge that I and other participants may be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury to me, including viral and bacterial infections, other communicable illnesses, permanent disability, and death. I understand that these risks may be increased through my own actions, or through the negligent action or inaction of Grizzly Peak Cyclists members or representatives. I therefore assume all risks of injury or loss, even if caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Grizzly Peak Cyclists, its members, or other representatives.
- I release from liability Grizzly Peak Cyclists, their officers, members, sponsors, and employees; and owners and lessors of facilities used by Grizzly Peak Cyclists, for any injury or damage that I may incur as a result of their activities, even if caused in whole or in part by their negligence.
- California Civil Code section 1542 states: 'A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.' I specifically waive the terms of that section, and agree to release claims that I may not yet know of, or which may be based on events that have not yet occurred.
- If I am allowing children under the age of 18 to participate in any activity, I agree on their behalf to the terms of this Release. I agree that if, notwithstanding this Release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor's behalf makes a claim against any of the persons or entities Released, I will indemnify those persons and entities and hold them harmless against all expenses, damage or costs, including attorneys fees, arising out of that claim.
- I recognize that GPC is built on the efforts of its volunteers. If, in the course of performing volunteer service for Grizzly Peak Cyclists, I provide or develop any software, procedures, data, maps, cue-sheets, artwork, or other material in which I have any ownership or copyright rights, I grant to the club license to copy, modify, retain and use such material in perpetuity for its purposes without compensation either implicitly by this agreement or by any compatible explicit license. Such grant is not needed for presentations or writings intended for one-time use, such as meeting presentations or items sent to the newsletter.